The Aquaculture Stewardship Council is an independent, international non-profit organization that manages the world’s leading certification and labelling programme for responsible aquaculture.
To transform aquaculture towards environmental sustainability and social responsibility using efficient market mechanisms that creates value across the chain.
ASC works with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and consumers to:
- Recognized and reward responsible aquaculture through the ASC aquaculture certification programme and seafood label.
- Promote the best choice, incorporating environmental and social criteria when buying seafood product.
- Contribute to transforming seafood markets towards sustainability.
Making a real difference
ASC program promotes the best industry practice to minimize the environmental and social footprint of commercial aquaculture. Through our consumer label ASC promotes certified products grown responsibly in the market.
To achieve these goals, the ASC is:
Credible: ASC standards are developed and implemented according to ISEAL rules, multiple stakeholder guidelines, transparency, and incorporating metrics based in science.
Meaningful: The requirements in the standards are realistic, measurable and auditable, and provide real change.
Effective: A globally recognized, market-oriented programme that aims to promote meaningful improvements in aquaculture production in a credible manner and add profitable value, with an additional benefit for producers and buyers of certified products.
Control Union Peru, is a certification body that carries out inspections, audits, verifications and certifications of various programs. It is accredited by ASI (Accreditation Services International) for the ASC and MSC CoC programs.
Control Union Peru has a staff of qualified auditors worldwide, allowing us to make our work more efficient and profitable for our clients.
If you would like more information, you can contact any of the local Control Union offices.
- ASC Application Form F01 04.4 (229 Kb)
- ASC Certification and Accreditation Requirements V.2.1 (1205 Kb)
- ASC Pangasius Standard v1.0 (565 Kb)
- ASC Tilapia
- ASC Tilapia Standard v1.1 (779 Kb)
- ASC Shrimp Standard v1.0 (2250 Kb)
- ASC Bivalve Standard v1.0 (1100 Kb)
- ASC Freshwater Trout Standard v1.0 (669 Kb)
- ASC Abalone Standard v1.0 (666 Kb)
- ASC Salmon
- ASC Salmon Standard v1.1 (1545 Kb)
- ASC Seriola Cobia Standard v1.0 (1087 Kb)
- A16 CU Inspection Regulation 6.4 General (499 Kb)
- ASC Ecolabel User Guide 2018 (1712 Kb)
Complainants are encouraged to submit copies of their complaints directly to ASC at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or to the following addresses:
P.O. Box 19107
3501 DC Utrecht
3511 RV Utrecht
If you have a complaint, please send it by downloading the form available here.